Common Ductwork Problems
Leaky air ducts are more common than you might think. Unfortunately, the ductwork is something that many HVAC technicians overlook when making a repair, so you might go years without knowing that your ducts are contributing to inefficiency in your home.
Make sure you work with qualified professionals who offer duct repair as part of their services. If we notice an issue within your ducts, we’ll let you know. So why would your ducts leak in the first place? Some of the most common ducting issues we see are listed below.
- Faulty Installation
- Sometimes, ductwork is not installed by a professional in the HVAC industry. A "handyman" or a beginner in the industry might not have the proper tools or know the proper methods for well–sealed air ducts. Major gaps at the joints throughout the ductwork is common with an amateur installation.
- Poor Design
- The ductwork should be designed to optimize airflow throughout the building and ensure that the system operates efficiently.
- Wear and Tear with Time
- Over time, pressure in the ducts may cause portions to pry open or collapse, and that’s when it’s time to call our team.
Should You Seal Your Ducts?
You may have to call in a professional to find out whether your ducts are leaky. Poor performance from an air conditioner or heater could have to do with the system itself, or it may mean that your air ducts are compromised. But you may be able to discern that the ductwork is the problem if you notice…
- High Energy Bills
- You’re spending money to heat or cool a crawlspace in your home, which means the system runs for longer and uses more energy.
- Uneven Air Distribution
- One portion of leaky ducts means that air may have trouble moving into that room only.
- Poor Air Quality
- Leaky ducts may allow for a larger number of contaminants to enter your living space.
Call Austin Air Conditioning Inc. for duct repair and replacement in Austin, TX. We can provide air duct sealing to take care of a problem area or replace the ducts throughout your home when they start to wear down or develop too many leaks. Get quality work from people you can trust!