The Advantages of Ductless Systems
There are other options available if you don’t have central air ducts to install a standard central AC and heating system. You might end up using portable heaters and window AC units, but these are expensive to run. Ductless air conditioning and heating is the best option for many homeowners for so many reasons.
- The efficiency of a ductless system matches or exceeds that of standard central air conditioning systems and heat pumps.
- Ease of use
- Individual air blowers are mounted on the walls throughout the home to provide whole–house cooling and heating. Your thermostat allows you to control a single unit, or you can usually control multiple units at once.
- No renovations
- In order to get whole–home air conditioning, you typically have to spend days renovating the house to add ducts. But with a ductless system, the only renovation is a small hole in the wall to feed through the refrigerant line and connect it to the outside unit.
- Heating and air conditioning
- While some ductless mini splits only provide air conditioning, ductless heat pumps provide heating as well.
When to Schedule Ductless Heating and AC Service
Remember to schedule service for your ductless air conditioning and heating system the moment you notice a problem. Letting problems with your ductless mini split go on for too long can result in a system breakdown when you need it the most. In Austin, we cannot be without our air conditioners for very long, so early scheduling helps you to avoid a cooling emergency.
In addition, we recommend service for your ductless heating and air conditioning system every year, twice a year. This helps all of the components to remain in good condition, so that you reach peak efficiency and performance levels throughout the season, and so that you reduce the chances of breakdowns.
Call Trustworthy Technicians
At Austin Air Conditioning Inc., providing great service is our specialty. We install and service Daikin and Mitsubishi ductless mini split systems, brands we trust and recommend to our customers, but we also provide service for many other brands.
Get a new ductless system for whole–home comfort and efficiency, schedule a repair, or tune–up your system with a team that cares. Call our trustworthy technicians for service in the Austin, TX area. We’ve been doing business since 1990, and we want to show you why so many people call us time and time again for HVAC services.